Terms of Reference (ToR)
National Commission for Lebanese Women (NCLW)
The National Commission for Lebanese Women is an official body established in 1998 by law 720 and is directly affiliated to the presidency of the Council of ministers. As the National Women Machinery, NCLW works on enhancing the status of women and ensuring equal opportunities between men and women. NCLW acts as the consultative body of the government and of national councils and institutions on all issues related to the status of women including gender-based issues. NCLW also fulfills a coordinative mission acting as the policy coordinator on gender-based issues between public institutions and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and an executive mission which includes the development of national strategies and plans for the advancement of women’s situation in collaboration with different stakeholders, of which public institutions and civil society organizations, the elaboration and publication of studies and researches addressing women issues….
NCLW is planning to contract a company to maintain on annual basis their photocopiers in good working conditions including shop repairs or overhauls if deemed necessary
Tasks and responsibilities
– Periodical preventive maintenance inspections so as to maintain the machines in working condition during which the equipment will be cleaned, lubricated, adjusted, and checked for worn parts.
– Replacement of any necessary part and electronic units
– Emergency repairs
– Prompt response to calls within 24 hours
– Konica Minolta Bizhub 350 FS 508 DF 605
– Minolta Digital Copier DI 183
Contract duration: 1 year
Interested companies are requested to send their quotations to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 20/08/2017 (noon Beirut time) with a clear subject: NCLW maintenance photocopier quotation.
To download the link of the PDF of the TOR of the Quotation Request : Click on the link ToR photocopiers maintenance NCLW 2017
NATIONAL COMMISSION FOR LEBANESE WOMEN
TERMS OF REFERENCE
|I. GENERAL INFORMATION|
|Job Title||Consultant – short term Statistician|
|Duty Station||Beirut, Lebanon|
|Duration of Employment||24 days in August 2017|
|II. BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE|
|Since 2006, the National Commission for Lebanese Women (NCLW) has been collaborating with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) towards mainstreaming gender aspects in various development platforms, policies, and strategies. NCLW and UNFPA have sustained their collaboration in 2017 to implement all activities agreed upon for 2017 namely (a) Strengthen the institutionalization and operationalization of the National Action Plan related to the national women strategy in Lebanon 2011-2021, (b) support advocacy efforts for promoting legislation towards gender mainstreaming and equality including CEDAW, and c) Enhance institutional capacities on gender mainstreaming.
Within the context of the joint 2017 annual work plan between NCLW and UNFPA, the need of a statistician to analyse the collected data on the implementation of the Annual work plan. The data analysis and statistical part outcomes are expected to contribute to preparing the grounds for the analytical report that will analyze the national data for 2016. The analytical report produced will use the charts/graphs and numbers produced by the statistician and will be disseminated to allow women machinery, national stakeholders, partners, donors, development agencies, etc to (a) observe/assess progress made at the national and local levels on gender equity, equality, and empowerment of women as well as challenges, (b) monitor the implementation of the women strategy in general and the 3 years action plan in particular, (c) contribute to future CEDAW reports, (d) guide future revisions of the women strategy and development of the next multi-year action plan, and (e) use the report findings for various purposes such as programming, policy development, advocacy and fund raising.
The consultancy will be undertaken in close collaboration with UNFPA and in consultation with NCLW and under the overall guidance of the NCLW President, and Secretary General, and in consultation with NCLW Director and the project manager, the consultant will be undertaking his/her tasks as per the description below:
(a) undertaking the export from Excel to SPSS of the raw data received from the web developer, (b) performing the data cleaning, c) Conducting analysis, preparing tables and producing related graphs, d) performing a cross matching/ cross tabulation/ frequency tables when needed, and e) producing a statistical package analysis as well as results in word document that can be used online/offline by the analytical expert.
|III. METHODOLOGY AND DELIVERABLES|
|1. Prepare and submit a methodological plan for the consultancy with key milestones and timeline.
2. Review online and raw data received by NCLW and present them through tailored spreadsheets, tables, graphs, etc.;
3. Transform, validate, and model data with the purpose of understanding the data best suited to address given questions/sectors/areas;
4. Liaise and closely collaborate with the platform developer, NCLW team, and analytical expert and assist in the statistical part.
5. Take part in 1-2 technical meetings by contributing to the dissemination of report findings;
6. Submit draft of Arabic report (based on an outline to be discussed with NCLW and UNFPA);
7. Ensure final report is comprehensive and inclusive of all comments obtained from UNFPA and NCLW (as well as others if relevant).
|IV. FINAL DELIVERABLES|
|· An Arabic Word report compiling per questionnaire: clear tables, graphs, info graphics of all answers and data received. The final report must be edited by the expert.|
|V. SUPPORT PROVIDED BY NCLW|
|To facilitate the work of the expert, NCLW and UNFPA will be providing the following:
· Access to the raw data received through the online application;
· Facilitate the coordination with the developer and analytical expert;
· Access to various reference material ( National women strategy and Action Plan, CEDAW report, Links to previous NAP yearly reports) ;
· Input on the draft report and graphs produced;
· Work space for the expert if need be.
|VI. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS|
|Education||· Advanced University degree in social/development /Human sciences or other related areas with previous work experience and considerable skills in training material development|
|Experience||· Extensive experience in statistics and producing graphs and numbers;
· knowledge with statistical software/programming skills;
· Ability to communicate results and findings to non-statisticians;
· Relevant working experience in the field of statistics;
· Experience in strategic analysis and report writing
· Considerable experience in using SPSS/Excel and other Statistical software’s.
· Strong analytical writing skills
· Familiarity with governmental and non-governmental entities in Lebanon is essential
· Knowledge with UNFPA’s work is an asset
|Competencies||· A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
· The capability to work to deadlines and plan work;
· Excellent analytical and writing skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Working in teams
· Conflict and self-management
|Language and requirements||· Fluency and excellent writing skills in Arabic and English
· IT knowledgeable (i.e. Microsoft office programs, Internet browsing, SPSS, Excel and word etc).
|· Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply on line by providing an updated CV detailing work experience that is relevant to the vacancy requirements as indicated in the TORs, as well as a cover letter.
· Please indicate the following title under subject when submitting applications: Consultant – short term Statistician
· NCLW will only be responsible to respond to those applicants submitting the required documents above and in which there is further interest;
· The CV should be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com no later than Wednesday August 9 2017 at noon.
To download the link of the PDF of the Short term Vacancy : Click on the following TORs Consultant Consultant statistician 2017